BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

My Vulnerability

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Some times a moment is only a moment

The Moment
A moment of lust.
Lust nibbles on my shoulder,
Trails its tongue up both legs and thighs.
A moment of logic.
Logic misses my heart.
And I react.
React to the intense chemistry between us.
Whether you're here and I'm there we share depth and breadth.
Off this I take a chance.
A moment of assertion.
Assert myself in ways that I suspect may excite you.
Show you that I am not afraid. Show you that with everything I am I'd pour into you through my lips.
Access is not granted.
Denied by a turn of your chin.
Forgo my gesture of passion for a moment.
A moment of security.
Security wraps me up in its arms, holds me through night, kisses my tears away, and places a hand on the small of my back.
I'm consumed.
With joy and anticipation of what will happen when our lips connect.
A moment of proof.
Proof that we are not done.
Three years and eight weeks later,
Our chapter had only just begun.
In the night you enter me and we kiss.
Exhale into the kiss...
What transpires is familiar yet new.
The exact feeling of your lips is foreign to me
Yet it feels like home.
A moment of clarity.
Clarity in who I want.
Who I've always wanted.
You.
The brown girl with a round nose,
Eyes shaped like small almonds,
Delicate hands that soothe my tough exterior,
A heart big enough to contain the storm that is Me.
A moment of honesty.
Honesty in your eyes.
They tell the tale of two girls who fall in love as girls but are no longer in love as women.
Rather unfortunate,
That I could feel such intensity alone.
Be the only one to envision its longevity.
A moment of vulnerability,
We weep
For the women we are now who have friendship but no fire for one another.
I close my eyes.
Try to remember how your lips feel on mine.
I remember nothing.
Open my eyes to honking cars,
The light is green, my turn to go.
Our moment has passed.

0 comments: