BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

My Vulnerability

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Experiencing a shift: Unconditional love

I'm watching "The Vow" and it's about a woman who had no relationship with her family. She moved away, met a man, fell in love, got married, then she suffered a brain injury which caused her to lose all memory of her husband. They get divorced because she can't remember her life with her husband. This woman, Paige, experienced a shift, reorienting herself to herself after her accident. In an adult relationship, I'm realizing that one changes a little. The relationship shifts your interactions with those around you, how you (your mind, heart, etc) orient and operate yourself in your environments, and becomes the focus of your time (when it's serious). The important things (school and work) are still number one but all other things and people become more distant. I feel like my adjustment into my first adult relationship has changed me. The moral of the story line in the movie was that Leo, Paige's husband, loved her and his response to her memory loss was to work hard to fall in love with whoever she discovered herself to be. I want that kind of love. Love me for who I am and when shifting or change occurs work to love that Kayana. That's unconditional love.

0 comments: