BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

My Vulnerability

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

I've wanted to experience an Aquarius

So I've been dating an Aquarius, exclusively. She keeps me on my toes, always. When I think I know what's what or what page we're on she throws me for a loop and changes the game.  Mixes up the pieces, hides a few, and looks at me like "figure it out". I'm puzzled and thrown off guard by her element of surprise. Not only am I dazed by the shake up but I get lost in her eyes. Then she tugs my curls and I'm back to reality. Still trying to recover from the shake up yet turned on by the gesture of the tug of my hair. The sweetness of her leaving me tea, orange juice and a multivitamin reminds me of her fondness of me when I have a moment of uncertainty. Dating her, she is more than an Aquarius, has been more than what I could have imagined. I exercise my patience with her in ways that I've never had to. She operates on her time and I'm usually the person who forces people to operate on my watch lol. Synchronizing with someone else's "clock" was such a foreign concept to me, sadly. I realize everyday that she complements who I am very well. How I function in relationships is pretty traditional to the society's binary gender roles. I cook, make your plate, serve you, etc. Things that bring me some of the greatest joys are those very things. I've long desired to be with someone as assertive and aggressive as she is. She hits the pause button on my brain and mouth and gets me to really think about things I do and say. Such a contradiction to anything I would have done two or three years ago. My two years of exploring myself and the growth that came along with that prepared me for my Aquarius. My Aquarius is smart, firm, confident, driven, outspoken, spoiled, willful, and thoughtful. She has a smile that makes me smile, strong arms to catch me when I fall, a mind that challenges me, and a physique that sends tingles to my triangle. She's rough around the edges and that is what makes her beautiful. I think often, "I sleep with the sexiest woman". She owns whatever space that she walks in and she doesn't even know it. She doesn't try to, she's just got that sparkle. Pretty, smart, and funny! You can't beat that and we have a great time together, everywhere we are ;-).

I've met my match it seems. What does one do when they have met their match? It's a scary feeling for me. I can run and lose out on a really great person and experience. I can regress and do what's safe/comfortable and live in mediocrity. Or I can trust the experience and myself, thus embracing the beauty of what she and I share. I'm choosing to trust myself and the experience, a win-win for me.

0 comments: